TIO is a family of online interpreters for an ever-growing list of practical and recreational programming languages.
To use TIO, simply go to the site, pick a programming language, and start typing. Once you click the run button, your code is sent to a TIO arena, executed in a sandboxed environment, and the results are sent back to your browser. You can share your code by generating a client-side permalink that encodes code and input directly in the URL.
- TIO hosts 96 practical and 172 recreational programming languages, for a total of 268 languages.
- TIO listens: languages and features are added by request all the time. If you have a request or want to report a bug, use any of the contact options in the contact options listed below.
- The TIO web app is free of charge, ad-free, and doesn’t use tracking cookies or third-party analytic scripts.
- The software that powers TIO is open source (MIT) and can be found on tryitonline.github.io.
- TIO works great on mobile devices.
Plunker is an online community for creating, collaborating on and sharing your web development ideas.
- Speed: Despite its complexity, the Plunker editor is designed to load in under 2 seconds.
- Ease of use: Plunker’s features should just work and not require additional explanation.
- Collaboration: From real-time collaboration to forking and commenting, Plunker seeks to encourage users to work together on their code.
- Real-time code collaboration
- Fully-featured, customizable syntax editor
- Live previewing of code changes
- As-you-type code linting
- Forking, commenting and sharing of Plunks
- Fully open-source on GitHub under the MIT license
JS Bin is ultimately a code sharing site. Along with the code, the complete output of the code is also shared with other developers, colleagues and/or students. As you type into one of the editor “panels”, you and anyone watching your bin will see the output being generated in real-time in the output panel.
- Show off the amazing things you build.
- Learn new things by tinkering.
- Build reduced test cases to report bugs and get help on tricky problems.
- Try out new technologies for the first time.
- Build components to later use elsewhere.
The possibilities are endless. Everything you do is saved on CodePen, so the more you use it the more useful it becomes.
This is also one of the same kind of tool as same as JSBin.
Want to see the Google-search-popularity trends of these utilities??
Below chart shows you that. Click here if you want to see and analyse the Google trends!
A tool for easy online testing and sharing of database problems and their solutions.
If you do not know SQL or basic database concepts, this site is not going to be very useful to you. However, if you are a database developer, there are a few different use-cases of SQL Fiddle intended for you:
- You want help with a tricky query, and you’d like to post a question to a Q/A site like StackOverflow.
- You want to compare and contrast SQL statements in different database back-ends.
- You do not have a particular database platform readily available, but you would like to see what a given query would look like in that environment.
It has been developed by group .Net developers who are sick and tired of starting Visual Studio, creating new project and running it, just to test simple code or try out samples from other developers.
This tool was inspired by http://jsfiddle.net, which is just awesome.
Apart from the language and web technologies related tool, we also have some dedicated tools to create, test and share regular expression!
CodeBeautify is an online code beautifier which allows you to beautify your source code
Provides many utilities like JSON/XML/HTML/SQL formatter, validator, editor, minifier, etc…… and what not, just go there and explore!!! I have just told you the tip of the iceberg!
Credits for the details go to the amazing creators of the tool themselves!! – I am just a person sharing the lights of this awesome utilities.
Have you recently come across any such online tool not mentioned over here? Do mention in the comments below! 🙂